Dentists are the experts when it comes to oral care, but sometimes patients have special requests for their smiles, like prosthetic fangs, gold "grills", tattooed teeth. These might sound crazy to you but wait until you hear some of the other special requests they've heard!
The Chicago Dental Society once surveyed more than 300 society members to find out the strangest dental requests they'd ever received from patients. Their answers might surprise you!
10) "Can you extract my tooth without anesthesia?"
9) "Will you wire my mouth shut to help me with my diet."
8) "Can you identify this set of dentures left in the bathroom of the bar where I work?"
7) "I will pay you or your hygienist to floss my teeth at my office every day."
6) "If I have a tooth growing out of my back, should I see a dentist or a chiropractor?"
5) "I just broke off my engagement. Can you cement the diamond into my tooth so that I can keep it?”
4) "Will you give me local anesthesia in my lips? I'm going in for permanent lipstick tattoos and would like to avoid the pain."
3) "May I have an emergency cleaning visit? It's my high school reunion and I need a bright, white smile to face my old boyfriend."
2) "Can I keep the teeth you pull out of my mouth? I'd like to make a necklace out of them."
And the number one strangest dental request ever received...
1) "Can you give my dog braces?"