Posts for tag: Time Management
At The Smile Shack we love giving advice to help you keep your teeth and gums health! We also like to follow the model of successful people in other avenues of life. Today, we thought we would veer off a little bit from dentistry and share with you seven daily habits that some of the most successful executives in the country swear by to give them "an edge." Read forth!
1. Do Your "Must-Dos" first! - Niki Leondakis, CEO of Commune Hotels and Resorts, suggests getting your most important phone calls, emails and meetings completed first thing in the morning so you can more easily concentrate on giving everyone else your full attention for the rest of the day.
2. Turn It Off During Family Time - Turning off cell phones and not looking at email helps. Xander Oxman, founder of Club W Wine, gets a sense of balance and perspective when he is fully present his wife and kids.
3. Stand! - Recent research has shown that sitting all day can be bad for our health, and Karen Leland, founder of Sterling Marketing Group, is a big believer! She states that standing 15 minutes of each hour increases her energy level significantly.
4. Expand Your Network - Lou Desopoli, founder and CEO of Desopoli Wealth Management, makes it a point to make a new contact every single day, whether through personal interaction or social media.
5. Make A Prioritized To-Do List - Brett King, SVP of Elite Financial Associates, makes a to-do list each morning and grades the tasks A through D, according to their importance, tackling the "A's" first and so on. This guarantees accomplishing priority items instead of shooting from the hip all day.
6. Accentuate The Positive - Most of our news is filled with negativity and tragedy, so reading something positive each day, whether on the Internet, in a book, newspaper, etc., helps Cody Foster, co-founder of Advisors Excel, set the right tone every day.
7. Floss Every Night! (Ahh...you knew there was a reason we were doing this!) Dentovations CEO Damon Brown says, "It has been proven that there is a direct link between flossing and one's overall health. And the healthier you are, the more productive you are in both your personal and professional life. It is one of the easiest things you can do to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
We couldn't agree more!