Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
When you care for your smile, you brighten your day and the day of those around you. With a healthy mouth, you also strengthen your overall well-being and self-confidence. At The Smile Shack Family Dentistry, our Zanesville, OH, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jeffrey Labishak, delivers the finest preventive, restorative and cosmetic dental procedures in the area, optimizing his patients' comfort, appearance and oral function. Here are some examples of the services he and his dedicated team provide to individuals of all ages.
Oral examinations, cleanings and X-rays form the cornerstone of preventive in-office care. Also called prophylactic care, these semi-annual visits to your cosmetic dentist in Zanesville ensure your teeth and gums are free from decay, gum disease and yes, even oral cancer.
Keeping with the American Dental Association's recommendations, Dr. Labishak checks the condition of restorations such as fillings, looks carefully at tooth alignment and bite and inspects for evidence of teeth grinding and jaw joint dysfunction (TMJ). Plus, your hygienist carefully removes harmful plaque and tartar, warding off cavities and gum disease and leaving your teeth feeling exceptionally clean.
Even when we're vigilance about our oral health, things can still go wrong. So, Dr. Labishak provides:
- Tooth-colored fillings to repair cavities
- Crowns to support and protect heavily damaged teeth
- Bridgework, dentures and dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Periodontal therapy to bring infected gums back to full health
- Root canal therapy to remove diseased dental pulp and crown remaining tooth structure
At The Smile Shack, you can rely on prompt and compassionate emergency care, too. Always contact the office right away when faced with a pressing dental issue such as a broken or knocked out tooth, lost crown or throbbing toothache.
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that your smile literally becomes you. In other words, a nice smile projects the real you to those around you. So your cosmetic dentist in Zanesville helps his patients achieve their most winning smiles with superior aesthetic services such as:
- Composite resin bonding to remake defects such as gaps and cracks
- In-office and take-home Zoom! whitening to erase years of dental stains
- Porcelain veneers, individually crafted ceramic shells which disguise teeth marred by large chips, wide gaps and shape irregularities
When you consult with Dr. Labishak, you will discuss your health and cosmetic goals, formulating a treatment plan to optimize the appearance and health of your gums and teeth. You can have your very best smile for life!
Make an appointment
Learn more about making your smile last. Contact The Smile Shack today for an appointment with this outstanding dental team in Zanesville, OH. Call (740) 454-4112.
Improving your smile can be as simple as adding a crown or bridge. Dr. Jeffrey Labishak, your Zanesville, OH cosmetic dentist at The Smile Shack Family Dentistry, explains the uses and benefits of these dental restorations.
What are crowns and bridges?
Crowns are hollow, tooth-shaped restorations made from a variety of durable materials, such as porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, ceramic or resin. They fit snugly over teeth, providing support for weak or damaged teeth. Because crowns cover your teeth on all four sides, they're also an excellent choice if you would like to conceal a cosmetic issue.
Crowns are also used to create bridges, restorations that replace missing teeth. Bridges consist of one or more artificial teeth suspended between two crown.
Who can benefit from crowns and bridges in Zanesville?
Your dentist may recommend a crown or bridge if you have one of these dental issues;
- Cracks: Cracks eventually become breaks. Adding a crown to your tooth prevents it from breaking and also seals it, stopping bacteria from entering through the crack.
- Damaged or Broken Teeth: Crowns offer the ideal way to restore broken or damaged teeth.
- Fragile Teeth: Large fillings, root canal therapy or other procedures are essential to maintaining your oral health, but can weaken teeth. Crowns provide the stability fragile teeth need.
- Short Teeth: Grinding can cause one or more of your teeth to become shorter than the others, which can affect your bite. Crowns restore the height of your teeth and improve your appearance.
- Cosmetic Issues: Crowns are used to hide a variety of cosmetic issues, including discolorations, pits and chips. Do you have tooth that looks a little odd? A crown will help that crooked, twisted or pointed tooth blend in with the rest of your smile.
- A Missing Tooth: A missing tooth isn't just a cosmetic issue. Biting and chewing can be more difficult after tooth loss. A bridge makes eating easier and more enjoyable.
Isn't it about time you improved your smile with crowns and bridges? Call Dr. Labishak, your Zanesville, OH cosmetic dentist at The Smile Shack Family Dentistry, at (740) 454-4112 to schedule an appointment.